Leaded Gas

To: Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Leaded Gas
From: jeyerman@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 11:33:09 -0400
As you probably know, leaded gas has been gone for many years here in the USA
(except at small airports where you can still 100 octane avgas) and the antique
car hobby has survived on rebuilt cylinder heads and additives.  I use various
additives in both my Minx and Cricket.  So far it has worked-but I only drive
the two of them 1,000 miles per year.

Jan

Jeff Howarth <jeff@v8tiger.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
thanks for the information.

Leaded gas is also now generally unavailable over here. The government
allowed a 0.5% of fuel to be leaded and a small number of gas stations
are able to sell it. Fortunately, the one a mile form my home has it
which means I don't have to modify the heads on my Sunbeam. But then it
is for sale at a mere $6 a gallon - I forgot to mention the exchange
rate on fuel - 1 Imperial gallon is 1.19 US gallons so maybe things
aren't so bad ????

I guess soon a used 4 barrel Holley will be worth more that a new one,
so long as the float chambers are full !

I queued for over an hour today to fill up the gas guzzler with $75
worth of fuel which will last around 300 miles. - probably used $10
worth of fuel moving up the queue !

Jeff

In message , Pete Stanisavljevich
 writes