od mainshaft

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: od mainshaft
From: "brian steel" <brian_steel@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 22:31:19 -0700
hi listers
need some advice from a metalurgist on what type of material to make a
transmission main shaft out of, i will hopefully be getting some machined up
in the very near future, i have finally found a blank to copy and will be
getting a price on laser scanning the piece for autocad machining,  anyone
who is interested on purchasing a shaft who has not already contacted me
please let me know if you are interested in one, i did post a message a
couple of months ago and still have all of your names if you contacted me
previosly.  i will post another message after i get a price together, if
anyone has any suggestions on material to use for the shaft let me know
because i do not want the shafts to twist and break like the stock ones do
     thanks brian steel series 5 vancouver bc