Abuse of your knowledge - Part 7 I think

To: <alpines@autox.team.net>
Subject: Abuse of your knowledge - Part 7 I think
From: "Phillip Sprules" <sprules@icon.co.za>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 08:22:24 +0200
Morning all......

For those who have time, can they please take a quick look at pics at the
following site which better explains my problem....

http://www.icon.co.za/~sprules/sunbeam.htm

To briefly explain it........

1 : When I purchased the Series IV, it had a Weber carb fitted. The only
serial number I could find on the carb was TIPO 36DCD7 N .

2 : As a result of this carb and the resultant air-filter placed on top,
which I assume is larger than the standard, a "bump" had to be put in the
bonnet.

3 : The bump is ugly and must go

4 : What carb which is freely available fits to enable me to lose the bump
on the bonnet ?

5 : Would I have to change the inlet manifold or are they all standard.

Regards
Phillip