Re: Alumaweld?

To: tebomr@cadvision.com
Subject: Re: Alumaweld?
From: "jumpin'jan" <servaij@cris.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 18:45:16 -0700
Ron,
        What I found about leaded seams is that they seem to open over a long
period of time and leave a crack in the finish (I have talk to Doug
Jennings about this and he concurred). I don't know why that is but I
remove the old leaded seams and fill with an epoxy filler (I have to
fill the seals anyway because when the body returns from the dippers,
the lead is partly gone anyway). I have not tried the LabMetal yet, so I
can't comment one way or another yet. One needs to use only epoxy primer
over all bare metal, and I don't really bother with the eching-primers
at all (it's a no-brainer).
Jan
--