Re: OD Install

To: Brent Kasl <kasl100@navix.net>
Subject: Re: OD Install
From: SJC <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 20:34:40 -0700

Brent Kasl wrote:

> OK,This is the weekend I have been waiting for. I finally have the OD
> unit ready to go into the car. I assume it is the reverse procedure as
> removing was, except about 50 lbs heavier.  It appears the speedo drive
> is different. Does this screw into the side of the unit? It does not
> look like a regular speedo gasket is required since this looks round.
> Any last minute advice might save me some frustrating headaches later.
> Thanks Brent Kasl S2 and Imp1

Brent:
In installing my overdrive, the cable screwed in the side just like on the
standard transmission, other than the dfferent location. Just make sure
your speedo cable is long enough. You will find that your speedo, if it was
before, won't be calibrated correctly anymore so you may want to have that
done by a speedo shop.

Steve Sage