[Fwd: eBay Motors Mess]

To: "alpines@autox.team.net." <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: [Fwd: eBay Motors Mess]
From: jacob <jherbst@sancastle.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 05:48:57 +0200
--------------D4E62D4E669155CAE02F8C6B

For your consideration.....I am joining
Please contact directly Duncan Scotland<abernethy@juno.com>
Jacob Herbst

--------------D4E62D4E669155CAE02F8C6B

To: jherbst@sancastle.com
Date: Sun, 21 May 2000 16:48:54 -0700
Subject: eBay Motors Mess
From: Duncan Scotland <abernethy@juno.com>

Dear Frustrated Ebay Automotive Sellers & Buyers:

We are a group of automotive sellers.   You may share the same concerns
and
frustrations about Ebay motors that we have.  It is obvious that Ebay
Management is not responding to our complaints in a timely, satisfactory,
or
serious  manner.

We have read (and written!) many of the discussions and recommendations
expressed on the SOAPBOX and CAR CHAT boards, and are in agreement with
just
about all of you.

To this end, we would like to encourage the much talked-about BOYCOTT of
listings for a two week period, that we will begin this Sunday, May 21.
This
might be the only way to grab their attention, and possibly restore what
once
was the premiere automotive auction site on the internet.  We realize
that
two weeks can represent a financial hardship for us...but isn't that what
has
been imposed on us by Ebay's precipitous creation of EBAY MOTORS?!

We have chosen the name: "Coalition On Restructuring EBM," or, "CORE," to

represent our unity. We, the buyers and sellers, ARE the core of Ebay and

Ebay Motors!!

This boycott can only work if WE ALL PARTICIPATE.  Please pass this
letter
around to YOUR buyers/sellers.....

We are also working on a questionnaire/survey to invite constructive
suggestions for all aspects pertaining to the EB/EBM fiasco, to be
submitted
to EBAY "en masse."   If you would like to be a part of this CORE group,
and
help us with unified goals, please respond with your EBAY name and EMAIL
address.  If you're satisfied with Ebay motors...we'd be interesting in
hearing that too.

We appreciate your time, and look forward to your assistance in getting
back
to "business as usual!!!"  Unlike Ebay, we know that EVERY ONE OF US
COUNTS!

Respectfully,

THE CORE GROUP:
Abernethy@juno.com (Duncan)