Re: more questions

To: Louis & Laila <bwana@c2i2.com>
Subject: Re: more questions
From: sosnaenergyconsulting@home.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 21:29:11 -0700
When I had my first '67 S5 (centuries ago, back in 1974) it was only 7
years old at the time. I have no idea if the soft top was original,
though from what I've been reading on the list today, I suspect not.  It
was, I believe, vinyl. At any rate, the plastic rear window had (2)
brass zippers around the edges that allowed the top to be up and, when
unzipped, the window could hang down into the storage area for the top.
Kinda like Mick Jaggers Tongue.

Anyway, one day while I was driving the car with the top up and the
window zipped, one of the zippers failed and the damn window went
flapping around.  I couldn't figure out how to repair the zipper (this
was in the days before the YKK company all you young whippersnappers),
so I replaced the top with a J.C. Whitney top.  I believe in the Whitney
top the rear window was fused permanently at the edges.

For what it's worth.

David Sosna
S4 GT V6

P.S. Perhaps that's a contributing factor to my buying a GT, Sigmund.