[6pack] Rear Brake Noise

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>, TR3 Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Rear Brake Noise
From: Rochlin Robert <rrochlin@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2022 17:46:08 -0400
Hi List,
        Iâ??m getting the weeds with the rear brakes of my TR6.  When I lightly
apply the brakes I get metallic clunk.   If I repeatedly apply the brakes
lightly the clunk gets more pronounced. Iâ??ve carefully R and R'd them
including new shoes.  The brakes are also well adjusted. My thought is that the
noise is the brake piston engaging the shoe on the â??fixed sideâ?? of the
brake piston.  It may have been there before I noticed it, but now that I
notice it Iâ??m thinking there may be some way to eliminate the noise Iâ??ve
not come to yet. It also may be that, as we said back in the day at Rockyâ??s
Service Station â?? donâ??t worry about it, they all do thatâ?¦â??  Other than
that the car has been great driving this summer. After much looking I wasnâ??t
able to find a tire shop that could properly balance my wires, but one shop got
them close enough to enjoy the car.  The hub on the drive wheel was worn and
when I went to one chain tire store to swap over the new spare for the worn
tire I was told that company policy was they would not mount / dismount a tire
more than 5 years old - never heard that one before. Back at Rockyâ??s weâ??d
work on anything.
        I hope you all have some happy Fall motoring.  Yikes, daylight savings
ends tonight.  I have to read Chrisâ??s headlight post again.
        Best,
        Bob