[6pack] Speaking of gasoline...

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Speaking of gasoline...
From: Yahoo <brucesimms2003@yahoo.ca>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 09:07:05 -0700 (PDT)
Shell ultra in my area is 91 octane and no ethanol.   with my head shaved to
about 9.5 and distributor set-up, I get run-on with the 91, even if I add an
octane booster.   Advance at idle set to 14 BTDC as per distributor
rebuilder's advice.    I typically use Shell Ultra  in the 6 and all my small
gas engines.

 There is 94 octane gas available, but with up to 10%
ethanol.   No run-on with a tank of the 94 octane.

I think there's s product
that counteracts the ethanol's effect on rubber and other vulnerable parts in
our fuel system, but do I really need to go that far.

Thoughts?

Bruce
Simms
73 Tr6