Re: [6pack] SOFT TOP STOWING

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] SOFT TOP STOWING
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:01:32 +0000
Great video. Note there are two schools of thought. I think someone had
indicated they fold their sides in before folding down the middle, and I (like
the video) do it the other way. Fold it all back, then once the frame is down,
fold it all back toward the front, then fold the sides in and then the middle
down. The result is the 'ears' of the corners are on top of everything.

One step I have always done is to zip out the rear window and let it hang down
first. Then it's not involved in any of the folding.

You're not installing a new top, but while the soft topic is open: Have you
ever noticed that the inner edge of the corner windows get's folded no matter
how hard you try? The video makes it look like it's possible to not fold that
corner, but I have no idea how this can be done. What I did on the 73 was to
put an extra snap. I had noticed that Spitfires have 4 snaps on each side, so
now I have 4 snaps on each side too. I just made that 4th spot a snap too.
This way I can completely fold the corner windows in on the material between
it and the rear window and never fold the corner of plastic.

Sloane :o)