[6pack] Stromberg question

To: "6pack@autox.team.net" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Stromberg question
From: im sloane <im_sloane@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 18:46:47 +0000
Hi guys,

My new project is a 72 Spitfire. So I hope you don't mind a cross model
question or two, as I trust this list extremely.

I'm having trouble getting the carb (cute little thing only has one) adjusted
properly. I 'rebuilt' it, meaning I took it apart, cleaned it up some, and
replaced all the 'obvious' parts from a rebuild kit. I didn't use any of the
little O-rings as I wasn't certain where they went. So I'm sure I haven't done
a great job. I understand (from various websites) that the first task of
adjustment is to get the idle at about 900. When it warms up, it wants to
float up to about 2000. I have the little adjustment tool, and I noticed that
when I push the piston down with the outer thingie, the idle drops down. The
piston floats back up a bit elsewise. Something I read made me think I could
have a weak piston spring. I do have the idle screw backed all the way out.

Suggestions?

Sloane :-)