Re: [6pack] SU needles (but with a twist...)

To: Jamie Palmer <tr6driver@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] SU needles (but with a twist...)
From: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:29:14 GMT
Jamie---I answered your post once, but it never showed up on the List. I'll
shorten it this time.

The HD8 is a two inch carburetor, so a poor match for the 1.75 intake manifold
on the TR6 engine. There is a wide selection of needles for the HD8 if one
wanted to experiment. Start by noting the differences between the needle
diameters and jets for the stock B1AF thruout the operating range. Then try to
match this to the needles available for the 8 and its (.125) jet.
Big job, small reward. Two HD8s are way too much carburetion for the stock, or
near stock 6.

Dick
Running one HD8