Re: [6pack] Lowering a TR6/TR250

To: PG <britishcars@shaw.ca>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Lowering a TR6/TR250
From: Sally or Dick Taylor <tr6taylor@webtv.net>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 01:33:48 GMT
PG---Lowering the body height of the rear of the car -could- be done as you
thought, by cutting or heating the springs. This is old school, tho, and better
ways are available. On the TRs there's not much distance between the bump
rubber and that part of the body that the rubber can contact, so ideally one
wants to come up with the proper spring rate and spring height to get the
optimum setting.  Know that just going to a shorter spring, OR one with less
rate, will also change the camber from where it is now (to more negative, or
tire top lean-in). If you now have a lot of Positive camber, then going to a
shorter spring may give the results you want. You might have to swap the
brackets around, if not satisfied with the camber. Many on the List like the
Goodparts adjustable brackets, when trying to get this goal.

Dick