[6pack] BMW Z4 vs TR6 car noise and doors revisited

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] BMW Z4 vs TR6 car noise and doors revisited
From: Bob Rochlin <r_rochlin@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 23:11:58 +0000
        One thing I neglected to mention in my original post was the sound of
the Z4
doors closing.  The doors have the tinniest sound you can imagine when you
close them.  I thought that car manufacturers made a science of making doors
sound solid when they closed.  I guess the Z4 design team missed the memo.  In
comparison the TR6 door sounds like a vault door when you close it.     As
someone
pointed out the noise level of a convertible can become very high at speed.
The Department of Consumer Safety  came out with a study that showed that the
road noise at highway speeds from a modern convertible with the top down could
generate decibel levels that could damage hearing over a period of time.  Just
for the hell of it I'd like to know what the decibel level of a TR is at 65
MPH.  Could it be that we've all been, figurative speaking, driving at the end
of a jet runway all of these years?             Bob Rochlin     '72 TR6

6pack@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums