Re: [6pack] Post your age

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] Post your age
From: Andrew Packard <apackard68@att.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 12:40:47 -0800 (PST)
I'm the same age as my TR250 and got into them because my dad bought one new
in Philly (white with red interior) and had to sell it shortly after I was
born.  My older sister could sit on the back shelf while I was being held by
my mother in the front seat, but that couldn't last forever.  There were
always the lingering stories of the "zoom-zoom" in the family that I never was
old enough to remember.  As I approached driving age, I can remember scanning
the Baltimore Sun classifieds for TR250's (right after Toyota and just before
Volvo).  I finally got my first Triumph in NC in 1993 (a 65 TR4) at age 25.
Sold that 2 years later and got back into the hobby in Dec of 2000 with my
first TR250.  After getting my book logo tattoo in 2004, I'm pretty much tied
to the marque forever.
Andy