Re: [6pack] TR6 timing advance

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 timing advance
From: "Crouter, Bruce CIC" <bcrouter@cicorp.sk.ca>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 16:25:16 -0600
I had a very similar experience and it turned out that the previous owner's
mechanic had hooked up the retard unit to the wrong vacuum hose, I assume
thinking it was an advance unit.  He compensated for the error by setting the
advance to a very high number.  I also know I can't do a static timing and
suspect it is because of the retard unit.

Message: 6