Re: [6pack] New Engine AUTOpsy

To: "Kendall Larsen" <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] New Engine AUTOpsy
From: "Scott Tilton" <triumph.tr4@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 13:19:57 -0400
On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Kendall Larsen <mailkendall@sbcglobal.net>wrote:

Here are some pathology pics of the damage. Cylinder 1 rod bearing spun.
http://picasaweb.google.com/kendalll/TR6Engine08#
Yeah - someone made a good point  - the top end looks BONE DRY.
What's the reason for that?
was it somehow cleaned up before the picture was taken?  (if so, I'd love to
know how)

Someone who knows more about the oiling paths than me might be able to
comment on whether or not it is possible that there are blockages in the
system that still allow for normal oil pressure readings even though little
/ no oil is getting out to where it needs to go.

Sorry to read / see your bad news.

Scott
--
Signature below blatantly stolen from Bud Rolofson:

70TR6 CC5#### (Good 6)
63TR4 CT157## (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
64TR4 CT25### (The Project)
97F-150 L TRUCKO (Triumph Support Vehicle)
1989 Honda Prelude Si 4WS (economic commuter Vehicle)