Re: [6pack] Alignment specs

To: jmitch@snet.net (John Mitchell)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Alignment specs
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 18:43:03 -0700
John M.----Having the rear adjusters makes this job easy. You can use a
spirit level against a stick of 2x2, against the wheel rim. (Spin the
rim to be sure it's reasonably true. If you raise the rear of the car to
check the rim [without the beauty trim ring], then you must roll the car
back, then forward for approx. six feet to settle the suspension) Adjust
the wheel camber to get the bubble level,with no one in the car. This is
not a critical degree, as noted with the large +/- tolerances in the
Bentley.

Also, since you have the toe adjusting tool, you can do this yourself,
if you choose. Set the front wheels to have between 1/16  1/8 inch toe
in.

Dick

Sender: 6pack-bounces+tr6taylor=webtv.net@autox.team.net From:
jmitch@snet.net(John Mitchell) Date: Sun, Apr 27, 2008, 9:01pm (PDT+3)
To: 6pack@autox.team.net (6-Pack), triumphs@autox.team.net Subject:
[6pack] Alignment specs
    Actually I should have said I have excessive toe-out. I
measure about 5 degree toe out on my Manco gauge.   JM
  I need to take the TR6 in for alignment as it appears I have
excessive toe in. The right front wheel seems to be scrubbing the
pavement on full left turns. I have 205-70-15" tires on wire wheels and
also have installed Goodparts rear trailing arm adjusters. What specs
should I ask for for front toe-in and rear camber angle. The numbers in
Bentley are for the car with 2 passengers on board and it won't be that
way when it gets aligned. Any advice would be appreciated.   John
Mitchell   76 TR6