Re: [6pack] noises&sounds

To: rivers2hills@yahoo.com (John Summers)
Subject: Re: [6pack] noises&sounds
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 11:45:41 -0700
John---When you're 34, you get to squeal. When you're many years older,
you get to remember what that was like. Meanwhile, if what you're
hearing is the throwout bearing, it could sound like a chirp as it makes
contact with the clutch. If it gets louder with heavier contact, the
bearing is in it's last throes of service. If the chirp goes away and
becomes a squeal, the bearing could last for quite a while longer, if
you could stand it. (I never would, or could)

If you replace this bearing, remember to center the bell housing to the
engine backplate with the two 3/8 inch bolts, or dowels. Forgetting this
important step could lead to another noise that sounds the same, as the
bearing could spin in a slghtly different circle than the clutch.

Dick

 From: rivers2hills@yahoo.com(John Summers)
Hey guys. What does a throw out bearing sound like when you aren't
supposed to hear it?
I hear something when the clutch is depressed. Depressed,,,,,God, it has
taken on my mental illness!
  Transference of spirits!
What are the impossible(for me to do) steps involved to fix it.
It may be time to Join bowtieSix.
John Summers
'74 TR6
,,,,that would be 34 years old,,,,,