[6pack] 3000 rpm mixure adjust?

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] 3000 rpm mixure adjust?
From: richard olson <nosto53@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:47:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi - I am trying this in team.net. I sent my email to the 6pack but no answers.

  Joe("the Man")Curto rebuilt my ZSs in Nov'07. Took 3 months to get then, so I
have working on my '72 TR6 on: new distributor, hi-perf springs, shocks, f+r
brakes, fixed my HVDA with new TO bearing and new
Goodparts nylatror bushing and TA brackets. FUN!

So now I want to just to put the carbs and drive. But... the car starts (happy
me!), but the rear exhaust has smoke with black soot and smelling bad. So I'm
trying to do the mixture adjust, choke, idle screw
and air flow balancing. And I help questions ---
(I got Bentley book, Haynes book, VTR maintain, Buckeye P2/P3 to use.)

Q1: In Bentley and VTR: balancing air flow FIRST, next do mixture
adjust. But a few emails in 6pack had mixture adjust FIRST, and
next balancing? Which did?

Q2: I am now trying to do the chokes. Joe Curto has got my ZSs adjust but the
fast idle stop (the 'GAP' at the cam) has a 3/8" open. The car runs, but I
thing the 'gap' is too big. So I did all Bentleys - with 5/16" and
the fast idle stop is near the 'gap'.
But now I starts the car and these rpms go to 3000 fast, and the chokes
are died. Help!?

Sorry my emails get longs been my stroke is to writing (reading is good!)
I took 3 hours to write this.
  Thank you,
  Rick ('72 TR6)