Re: [6pack] "IGN" light

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] "IGN" light
From: "Henri Lefebvre" <75teer6@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:30:32 -0600
Vance,

I presume that by 'Canooks' you meant Canuck (Wikipedia has a good
write-up on the expression).

Here in Canada we use mostly ALT, because of the predominance (???) of
vehicles manufactured in North America.

On the other hand our English language is a blend of British and US
English. Our written English is primarily British but our spoken
English is mostly North American, but with several specific
differences from the US spoken English. Our Canadian French follows
the rules of the Academie Francaise but several Canadian words,
expressions and pronunciations have been integrated into the Canadian
French over the last 400 years. We are grateful that Microsoft
provides a spellcheck for 'English Canada' and 'French Canada' to help
us make some sense of all this!

Given this background we adapt readily to the use of IGN or ALT,
depending which vehicle we drive at the moment.

Henri
Calgary, Alberta
1975 TR6
1971 MGB GT