Re: [6pack] Electric fuel pump

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Electric fuel pump
From: "Henri Lefebvre" <75teer6@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 10:20:41 -0600
Stan,

I am using a Facet Cylindrical electric fuel pump with a separate
pressure regulator set at about 3 psi.

http://www.facet-purolator.com/mcl/media/technology/hd_pdfs/Gold-Flo_sheet.pdf

The fuel pump is mounted on the frame, on the driver's side below and
near the fuel tank.
In the engine compartment, the fuel line follows across the firewall,
below the battery, to the right rear inner fender where the regulator
and pressure gauge are mounted.

Initially I tried a Holley fuel pump but at idle the noise was
deafening. My mechanic took it back and installed it in a Morgan !

I am very pleased with the current set-up.

At this time there is only one minor annoyance that I am 'chasing'.
When I drive over bumps or rough pavement the engine bucks and surges
and does not keep a steady pace. The carbs are mounted with rubber
mounts. I have not yet detrmined if it is caused by the throttle
linkage (solid), the fuel/float levels, or other mysterious cause. I
will look at the float levels again, and then consider converting to a
cable throttle.

Henri