Re: [6pack] gas pains ....

To: jimjcmo@yahoo.com (Jim Jones)
Subject: Re: [6pack] gas pains ....
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 22:47:47 -0700
 Jim---I can't help regarding what sealer would do the job, other than
to say that the pump shouldn't leak without any sealer.

On the "twisted filter" (Is that a new Rock Group)? if this is the one
with the glass and chrome shell, I have seen them start to twist when
tightening the end caps. Go easy here. They shouldn't twist when in
service.

Dick

 From: jimjcmo@yahoo.com(Jim Jones)

My fuel pump is leaking around the "dome" - from both around the bolt on
top and around the base. I replaced the rubber o-rings and I still get
some seepage. Will a gasket sealer like Permatex Blue or Black hold up
around fuel?
    Another surprise I discovered was that the fine mesh plastic
filter screen appeared to have "melted". It was misshapened and twisted,
as though some chemical caused it to soften and sag. I admit that I use
CD2 lead replacement concentrate every other tank full, per
instructions. Sometime ago I put 1/2 bottle of Techron in the tank last
fall. Thinking the Techron may be the culprit I put a little bit of
Techron in a jar and placed the filter in it and left it sealed
overnight. So far the filter is the same shape.

Any ideas why this filter got misshapened?
    Jim