Re: [6pack] Trailing Arm Bushings

To: "'Stuart Thompson'" <stuartt@tlthompson.com>, "'6 Pack list'"
Subject: Re: [6pack] Trailing Arm Bushings
From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:58:42 -0400
Stuart,
This may help (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/TrailingArmBushings.htm) It
was very easy getting the old bushings out and there's lots of ways to do
it. I even know people who have set them on fire to remove them. The only
other piece of advice I'd give you is to note how many shims are behind each
bracket and how many notches are in each bracket. That will save you some
trouble when you put it all back together. Even if you were to install the
Goodparts TA Kit, you'd need to know how many shims were used for each inner
and outer bracket on both sides of the car.

And then shipwrights disease will hit......gee...I might as well clean up
the trailing arms while they're out. Maybe redo the rear brakes....and paint
stuff.....oops a stripped TA hub bolt.....better get some Keen-serts and fix
those. Now I wonder how hard it will be to drop the diff and inspect the
mounts........might as well do new bushings while the diff's out.......and
on and on and on!

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection