Re: [6pack] [TR] Uprated front axles

To: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] [TR] Uprated front axles
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 11:56:27 -0600
John Mitchell wrote:
>    I'm planning on rebuilding the front end on my TR6 and was wondering
> about A.R.E.'s uprated spindles.  The car is a street driver and I've
> never noticed any brake kick back in a turn.  Is this something I should
> include in a complete rebuild?  Thanks,  John Mitchell   76TR6

I think considering the age of our Triumphs, one concern has been
stresses on and breakage of the front stub axle due to cracks, and if a
bearing has been spun a few times.

Some feel that this is a good reason to upgrade the axles to the Kastner
influenced and stronger design simply due to ages and stresses.

So one good idea may be to pull your stub axles, have them magnafluxed
for cracks before you put it all back together.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)