Re: [6pack] Lizard Skin

To: Andrew Packard <apackard68@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Lizard Skin
From: <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 8:27:12 -0400
Andrew;

I used a product which I believe is similar. See http://www.quietcoat.com/
It's a spray-on product which I used to coat the cockpit and rear panel
surfaces. It's expensive and requires extra care to make certain vertical
surfaces are covered properly. Be careful for overspray, especially for exposed
bolts/nuts/hardware..... Also, unless the surfaces are clean and free of oils,
dirt, etc., the dried-on spray can easily peel off. When all was said and done,
I ended up adding Second Skin product
(http://www.secondskinaudio.com/vibration-mat/damplifier.php) also. I am
confident Second Skin family of products are going to be perfect for the task
(haven't had it on the road yet, since installing) and, had I the opportunity
to do it again, I'd have chosen Second Skin INSTEAD of the Quiet Car product....

Just my .03 worth (inflation, you know  :- )  )

Dave
'74-Six w/TBI