Re: [6pack] clutch MC will not come apart

To: PeterSchop@aol.com
Subject: Re: [6pack] clutch MC will not come apart
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:28:50 -0700
Peter---There is a small tab under the CMC spring that holds things
together. You need to pry it up just far enough to release the rod.
After replacing the seal, compress the parts and bend this tab back
down.  For illustrations on this, see what the Bentley manual has to
say. Also, this illustration is included in the MC rebuild kits.

Dick

Sender: m.net From: PeterSchop@aol.com

I am in the process of rebuilding the master cylinder for the clutch in
my six. I am having a problem disassembling the piston in the MC. I have
removed the rubber boot, taken the circlip out and removed the push rod
and washer. I thought the piston would then come out but it won't. I can
push the piston against the spring into the bore and the spring will
push it back up and just stop where the circlip was. It sounds like
metal on metal when it reaches the top. There seems to be a lip in the
cylinder holding the piston in. How do I remove this. Should I try
scraping it out with a knife while holding the piston down with a screw
driver? Any hints would be appreciated.
TIA,
Peter Schoppelry
'69 TR6