Re: [6pack] Pressure Plate Confusion

To: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org (Bob Danielson)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Pressure Plate Confusion
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 12:33:09 -0700
Bob D.---I take it your concern is for trying to figure (and set) the
distance from the fingers down to the nose of the throwout bearing. If
so, then it should be measured from the finger tips, which should be
closest to the bearing nose.

Pressure plates with the "cranked" or bent fingers have a pronounced
bump at the ends.

Dick

  From: 75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org(Bob Danielson

Evidently there are bent finger pressure plates (B&B) and flat finger
pressure plates (Leycock). I just got a Sachs' pressure plate from Ted
Schumacher and am trying to determine if it's flat or bent finger. It
makes a difference with the hydraulic throw out bearing (flat vs curved
face) that's used with the 5 speed conversion. It looked just like the
B&B when it was off the engine but now that it's installed and torqued
down, I'm not so sure. I put a straight edge across the face and
measured down to the tip of one finger and to the base of the same
finger. At the tip it's 3/16" down and at the base it's 5/16" down. So
the finger ends aren't equal distances down. I also put a short
straightedge on the length of the finger and it looks flat to me. Does
anyone know if the Sachs pressure plate is flat or bent finger and am I
checking correctly?
Thanks
Bob
Bob Danielson