Re: [6pack] TR6 Thrust Washer question

To: "Tony Gordon" <triumph@2simpleusa.com>, "6pack"
Subject: Re: [6pack] TR6 Thrust Washer question
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 07:46:30 -0800
        Tony:

        You do indeed need to machine the cap.

        As for how to pin the bearings, you use a countersunk machine
screw made of brass. Use brass because it will not damage the journal on
the crank if the bearing wears excessively, allowing the screw head to
contact the crank.
        Use two per bearing on the bearings mounted on the bearing cap.
I would imagine a 4-40 countersunk brass screw would be just fine. This
requires two drilled/tapped holes for each bearing, as will as drilling
and countersinking the two bearings in two places (total of four
countersinks).

        Cheers,

        Vance