[6pack] Cleaning up my Differential

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: [6pack] Cleaning up my Differential
From: "Andrew Packard" <apackard68@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 23:49:30 -0800
Hi list.

I found a local metal polishing business and brought him my thermostat
housing, gas cap (aluminum magnetic closing on a TR250), alloy valve cover,
and Nissan Differential cover.  His process is to media blast everything and
then polish away until a mirror finish is reached.  Getting my diff rear
cover back inspired me to clean up the Richard Good Nissan (actually
Infiniti) differential with a wire wheel and paint.  I even cleaned and
painted the bolt heads.  I attached a link to photos of the finished
product.  The finned rear cover came from the 3.92:1 ratio unit I initially
had before going to the 3.69:1 ratio unit.  I still have the 3.92 if anyone
is interested.  It has been altered to accept the adapting kit Richard Good
sells and was used for a year or so before I went to the stock ratio unit.

I'm now in the midst of cleaning up my Toyota tranny.  I'm not going to get
it to gleam like the diff, but at least remove the stuck-on dried grit that
is on it.  I'm determined to have a pretty rolling chassis picture on the
Ratco frame just before the body is mounted!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=zgdfamr.45xoq1dr
<http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=zgdfamr.45xoq1dr&x=0&y=5yd78d>
&x=0&y=5yd78d

Andy