Re: [6pack] Special Bolts Needed?

To: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Special Bolts Needed?
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 16:12:01 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 10 Jan 2008, Navarrette, Vance wrote:

>        Bob:
>
>        I was completely ignorant of this when I reassembled my
> driveshaft and axles. I used standard Grade 8 hardware. So far no
> issues, but if you read my obituary and it says I died in a car crash,
> well, you will be able to guess what happened.

Kool. Can I get the bits left over from the flaming crash. You know, in
case I need some spare parts and all.

:-)

It's been a while, but I seem to recall going through a fitting exercise
and trying to find appropriate bolts from another source. If I reall
correctly, the problem wasn't so much that the bolts would fit but rather
where the threads end up and whether that might contribute to possible
failur eof the bolt after repeated strain.

Of course, I have a funny feeling that our driving styles are not exactly
the same.

=:-0

>        Vance

rml

p.s. do TWO TR6's if you want to see the costs mount! Especially as you
get older and buy extras as "spares" and then forget that you have them,
Somewhere in my basement, I have at least 2 or three sets of upper a-arm
bushings. Ordinarily, that's no prob, but the race car uses heims joints
so the "extras" represent _more_ than a lifetime's worth of spares for
that part. Yikes!
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489