Re: [6pack] Rebuilding - Part 3?

To: "richard olson" <nosto53@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Rebuilding - Part 3?
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 08:00:29 -0800
        Rick:

        Yes, you can swap the 73 motor for the 72 motor.

        I don't remember at what point the factory went from the narrow
port
spacing on the head to the wider port spacing, so check to make certain
that
your 72 intake manifold will fit the later motor. I *think* it will
fit just fine, but we all know what my memory is good for. Cripes, I am
one step away from depends diapers most of the time, much less any good
at remembering the details.
        As for how "Easy" it is to do, that depends on your definition
of
easy. It will be a "bolt in" swap. No special parts needed, no cutting
or
drilling. BUT, you need to remove the hood, yank some of the interior,
unbolt the tranny, cooling and fuel system, get an engine hoist, etc.
        The tools needed are all basic items except for the engine
hoist.
If you are a cheap SOB like me, then a chain hoist tossed over the
rafters
or a stout tree limb will do instead of the engine hoist. $60 from my
local hardware store, and it stores in shoebox. Can't beat that with a
stick.

        Vance