Re: [6pack] Oberg Tilt Sling

To: "Foster, Stan" <stan.foster@hp.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [6pack] Oberg Tilt Sling
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 14:34:25 -0800
        Stan:

        Annoying isn't it? My DPO had snapped off one of the lifting
eyes, and just left it for me to fix. It required removal of the exhaust
manifold to replace, so not a trivial task.
        The Triumph engineers really screwed the pooch on that one, I
think. What good are lifting eyes that bend/break the first time you use
them? Roger Williams in his book gives instructions for bracing the
lifting eyes prior to use. Humph! Forget the lifting eyes and use a
sling or a rope wrapped around the block.
        Lots of clever engineering on the TR6, but this doesn't fall
into that category.

        Vance