Re: [6pack] Holiday resto progress and tube shock bump stop question

To: apackard68@comcast.net (Andrew Packard)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Holiday resto progress and tube shock bump stop question
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 12:48:00 -0800
Andy---Check the 6PACK article written by Mitch Seff in the Newsletter,
a couple Issue back. Mitch has an illustration of  bumpstop that he
designed for your concern. It is designed to limit how far the (trailing
arm) can droop.

Dick

 From: apackard68@comcast.net(Andrew Packard)

......For those of you running tube shock conversions (I have the three
piece bracket type), here's an issue: I don't have a way to use a bump
stop to limit downward travel of the swing arms. In an extreme Dukes of
Hazard-type construction area jump, I'm concerned about the half-shaft
contacting the frame as the shocks extend fully.

Any solutions of feedback available on this one?
Andy
CD 6746L HVDA