[6pack] Fuel pump

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: [6pack] Fuel pump
From: samuelsma@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 21:14:18 -0500
Listers:

No sooner did I get my carburetor plumbing straightened out, when I noticed a
gas smell under the hood.? I found a leak coming from the fuel pump.? After
much examination with a light and a mirror, I isolated the leak to the place
where a bolt (10 mm) holds down the dome at the top of the pump.? The leak was
around the bolt head.? Tightening the bolt just made the leak much worse.? When
I removed the bolt and the dome, gas started pouring out the dome from the fuel
line.? I looked for a seal between the bolt head and the dome, but there was
just a flat metal washer.? So I added a black rubber O-ring under the washer,
and the leak stopped immediately.? The outside of the pump is now bone-dry.? Is
this solution OK?

Michael
'76 Tahiti blue
CF57044U