Re: [6pack] Proper Grounding of TR6

To: darcyhunter@comcast.net (Darcy Hunter)
Subject: Re: [6pack] Proper Grounding of TR6
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 14:55:28 -0800
 Darcy--You are correct in that your A/F Monitor is responding to poor
grounding of the electrical circuit. These gauges are sensitive to
inadequate grounding. The braided cable with clean connections to both
engine and body should solve your problem. You can prove this to
yourself, by connecting a second (heavy gauge) wire between the engine
block and (a bare spot on) the firewall, and then turn on your
headlights with the engine running. Your monitor should then show no
drop in LEDs.

While this grounding is important, you could probably still get accurate
info so far as setting up your SUs, so long as you do this with no
accessories turned on.

Dick
'73 w/K&N A/F monitor

Sender: 6pack-bounces+tr6taylor=webtv.net@autox.tea

darcyhunter@comcast.net(Darcy Hunter) Date:

Got a question regarding the grounding of my TR6. I added an O2 sensor
with the proper readout device to my TR6 about a year ago. My hope is to
use it to set-up the SU needles.

.....Gage seemed to work well except that any time I turn on another
electrical device like lights or fan blower, the readout shifts.....

Darcy Hunter
'73 TR6
North Easton, MA