Re: [6pack] cylinder head

To: "Mark J. Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>
Subject: Re: [6pack] cylinder head
From: Robert Lang <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 09:59:14 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 10 Dec 2007, Mark J. Bradakis wrote:

> > Generally, you turn the motor 'till a pair of  valves are at full open
> > (pushed down all the way" and you adjust the pair of valves that
> > are "opposite" in the firing order.
>
> Full open?  Both valves in a cylinder  at once?  Or do you mean
> 'on the rock' where the exhaust is closing and  the intake opening?

Full open. The "pair" are not on the same cylinder.

For example, I think the book says turn the motor 'till 10 and 12 are
fully down and adjust 1 and 3 - so the pair is an intake and an exhaust
and you adjust and intake and exhaust (none on the same cylinder.

The "on the rock" thing works where you adjust the valves on one cylinder
when the other cylinder of the pair is in the state you descibe (exh
closing, intake opening).

The pairs for TR6 are 1/6, 2/5 and 3/4

Either method works fine.

> mjb.

rml
Consultant            MIT IS&T unix-linux-help |
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489