RE: [6pack] Motor mounts and fan belt removal

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [6pack] Motor mounts and fan belt removal
From: Greg Perry <rgperry@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 08:55:00 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Stan,

I do not know how quickly the engine mounts sag.  I do know that TRF has engine
mounts advertised not to sag that are a product of United Kingdom.  I have just
replaced my motor mounts for the third time in 26 years this week!  The previous
set sagged too soon in my opinion.  (I had to lift up the engine to replace the
belt at the following belt change after changing the mounts).  I decided to save
my money and live with it.  I lived with it until my non stock fan started
chirping
at certain rpm's when the fan nicks the bottom of the radiator tank edge.  (No
harm to the radiator) Others may know more than I do about the sagging motor
mounts.

Greg Perry