Re: [6pack] mounting engine on engine stand

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net, apackard68@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [6pack] mounting engine on engine stand
From: DLylis@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 07:48:54 EST
In a message dated 12/3/2007 2:44:28 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr6taylor@webtv.net writes:

All the  threaded holes
available are for 5/16" bolts. I don't feel safe holding the  block in
place this way unless someone else can reassure me this is okay  from
their own personnel experience.

Use grade 8 hardware, and thread though the holes and add a nut on  the
backside and you will be OK. I am one to over design, as the few  minutes
required
to put together an "unnecessary solution"  allows me to  sleep at night. I
only allowed the motor to hang off the stand when  rotating.  Otherwise I stick
support from the motor down to the "T" leg  on the engine stand.  I did not
do this when it was a stripped block, but  as you add the various components,
the weight increases a lot.
Again, maybe it is not necessary.  When I brought this up in another  forum
before, I got emailed a few pictures of motors fully built out  and hanging off
the stand.

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO