RE: [6pack] Shifting Woes

To: "Seth Glassman" <superchargedtr6@gmail.com>, "6pack"
Subject: RE: [6pack] Shifting Woes
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:07:09 -0700
        Seth:

        Start with the simple things; do you have enough fluid in your
MC?

        Since all the hardware in the clutch is new, what about the
hydraulics? Have they been renewed - MC and slave rebuilt? Is there a
leak somewhere? Were all the clevis pins renewed? How about the slave
cylinder actuating fork? Mine was heavily worn with elongated holes. The
mechanical wear items are unlikely to suddenly let go, however, so those
should probably be last on your list.
        I would start with the hydraulics, given that you have been
diligent in keeping your hardware up to snuff.
        One other thing, you mention that you "Drilled and reinforced
the clutch fork pin". What exactly did you do to reinforce it?

        Let us know...

        Vance