RE: [6pack] Finding short

To: "alan g graffam" <otral@juno.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [6pack] Finding short
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:48:55 -0700
        Alan:

        Most likely your anti-run on circuit is miswired at the oil
pressure switch. If it is miswired or the oil pressure switch is
defective, you can get the alternator light staying on and the battery
will drain through the alternator lamp and/or the anti run on valve (ask
me how I know).
        There are six different ways to hook up the oil pressure switch,
and only one of them will work. In addition to this, the switch can fail
internally with intermittent shorts. The TR engineers *COULD* have put a
polarized plug on the switch so that people like me could only hook it
up the right way. But NO, being the impish pranksters they were, they
decided to let owners figure it out for themselves. Hah-hah-ha. Are we
having fun yet?
        Check the oil pressure switch.

        Vance