Re: Black metal snaps

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Black metal snaps
From: "Jeff Fetner" <fetnerj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:39:29 -1000
Cliff,
   I was given a used tonneau with newly installed plastic snaps on it (the
owner got a new one in a different color).  I had to reposition some of the
snaps so it would fit my car and I used some metal ones I had.  After
limited use, the plastic snaps seem pretty hard to snap on if they are at an
angle - like when you have to stretch the cover.  Three of them broke and I
have replaced with metal, which snap on and off much easier.

   I can't vouch for the origin or install method used by the former owner,
but I'd have to say I prefer metal ones over new plastic.  Maybe it's just
the new plastic ones, since original plastic seems OK.  I used silver metal
caps because that's what I had; maybe there's a black plastic-coated metal
one available out there.

Jeff
'74 CF13816U