Flame trap

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Flame trap
From: DaCRANEz@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 22:35:01 EST
According to the TRF blue book my '71 TR6 would have come with a flame trap.
Somehow the word "FLAME" makes me nervous. The '72 model did not require this
part. Just wondering what it does and do I need one other than for appearance.
While I am at it I have a brief stall when exiting a corner under hard
acceleration. I am prone to think float level. Triple ZS, roller rockers, 270
cam,
9.5 to 1 comp, twin outlet exhaust manifold, Pertronix, recurved, rebuilt dizzy
without vacuum retard. Not bragging but would any one of these mods
contribute? Carbs are freshly rebuilt and dampers are topped off. Timing at 4
degreees
BTDC, any more and it pings. Any ideas welcome.
Mike Crane CC62976L