Re: "running on"

To: "John G. Sullivan" <sullij@att.net>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "running on"
From: RICK ORTHEN <peketzu@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:02:02 -0800 (PST)
John,

  For around $5, I'd get a can of SeaFoam and vacuum drag it through your brake
booster line to your cylinders.  Let it soak there overnight before taking
another spirited run.  If your run-on goes away, you got rid of carbon buildup
in the head that act as run-on hot spots (dieseling).  If not, try different
fuel or you do indeed have sharp edges in your combustion chambers that require
rework.  I don't think dieseling is nearly as harmful as it is embarassing.  I
regularly use SeaFoam and think it is a great preventative.

  Cheers.

  Rick O.
  72 TR6