RE: Car Cover Problem

To: "Stuart Thompson" <stuartt@tlthompson.com>,
Subject: RE: Car Cover Problem
From: "Shawn J. Loseke" <sloseke@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 08:32:19 -0700
>===== Original Message From "Stuart Thompson" <stuartt@tlthompson.com> =====
>Good Morning All:
>
>Please excuse my non technical/mechanical question but I have a very
>aggravating problem.
>
>I always keep my TR6 underneath a cloth cover in my garage. I am having a
>problem with my wife's "outdoor" cats clawing through the cover and
scratching
>my expensive Signal Red paint job.
>The hood, trunk lid, doors, etc...

Is there something they are trying to claw at, from getting on and off the car
or are they scrambling for traction when the cloth cover slips on your paint?
You might just try adding more layers. After you put your cloth cover on lay
some heavier blankets across as well. More layers to protect from the their
claws and less lipping on their part. Your car might become their new favorite
place but as long as they are not scratching it... think of them as built in
rodent protection.

Cheers...

Shawn J. Loseke
Fort Collins, CO