RE: [TR] TR6 Gas Tank Removal

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [TR] TR6 Gas Tank Removal
From: "Rick" <patton@suscom-maine.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 23:23:42 -0500
Bob,

If you intend to remove the tank anyway, consider tapping the outlet to 1/4"
NPT. By doing that you can add a shut off valve that someday may come in handy.
Even without a pending TBI conversion consider that any leaking line (thinking
about that 35 year old rubber hose under the driver's left foot), will drain
the entire gas tank onto your garage floor or driveway. With the valve you can
at least stem the tide.

For tanks without provisions for a return it can be added thru the sending unit
without much ado.

I would appreciate it very much if List members would drop me a note concerning
the fittings on their tank. There are probably only three or four versions but
I haven't been able to map out the year changes.

thanks

Rick Patton
75TR6sci
rick@sidedrafttbi.com
http://topshamautoparts.com/tr6/
http://sidedrafttbi.com/

ps And yes I do have a FI in this topic.

snip snip