Re: Gunst throw out bearing squeaking

To: Richard Seaton <rsh17@msn.com>
Subject: Re: Gunst throw out bearing squeaking
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 18:09:51 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Richard Seaton wrote:

> Collective,
>
>  My throwout bearing has started squeaking not very loudly but a little. The
> pins were installed to align the tranny. The squeaking quits when very light
> pressure is applied to the clutch pedal. I'm assuming that the spring may have
> lost some tension. What I'm thinking of doing is to relocate the spring to add
> a little more preload to the bearing. So what say ye all to that.
>
>  PS Had the TR up to 104 mph today (and still pulling) and  about a mile after
> after slowing down I saw an unmarked state police and then a  county sherif.

If you didn't see them in your rear-view mirror with thier lights on,
consider this your lucky day.

On your way home, buy a lottery ticket.

What the heck, right?

30+ over in my state results in a serious fine and insurance "points" ($50
each per year) for close to 6 years! OUCH. Figure $300 plus the points
over time, total expenditure? over $600.

> Richard Seaton

regards,
rml
Bob Lang              Room N42-140Q            |  At or Under Posted MPH
Voice:617-253-7438    FAX: 617-258-9535        |  Cell: 339-927-4489