RE: Boosting A Supercharger

To: "Jim Jones" <jimjcmo@yahoo.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Boosting A Supercharger
From: "John Korsak" <jkorsak@cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:04:18 -0500
Jim,

Sal can be reached at salva57@optonline.net.  I installed his kit 2 years
ago in a completely stock 74 tr6.  I did rebuild the bottom end 5 years ago
with stock parts (to correct oil pressure issues).  I currently have 125,000
miles on my engine and  I don't think the head has ever been off the engine.

I chose SC over rebuilding for a number of reasons.

1.  If you don't put your foot into it, the car sounds and acts like a
typical 6.  The fun starts when you go to boost (automaticly done when
vaccumm decreases and bypass valve closes).  Excellent for passing. Great
low end torque.  I rarely take my engine over 4500 rpm.
2.  The components are under normal stress until you run under boost.  The
stock engine is stout enough to take momentary high stress situations.
3.  The installation was a weekend project.  Sal's kit cost about $1000 less
than the Moss kit.
4.  It's fun!  it's a great street car.

John Korsak
74 TR 6