Mystery Wire: '70-72 TR6

To: "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mystery Wire: '70-72 TR6
From: "Tomislav Marincic" <tomislav.marincic@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:58:01 -0400
Hello,

My TR6 wiring harness project is going well, I think. I'm ready to start
testing circuits with the new battery before finally installing the wood dash.

I've figured out every "mystery wire" but one:

On the '70-72 TR6, there's a "branch" of the wiring harness that goes to the
ignition switch. It contains 4 lucar spade connectors that go to the back of
the switch, plus one black ground wire with a ring on the end. I don't know
whether the black wire is there to provide a general ground to the metal
dashboard, or to provide ground to a specific component. (It's just like the
black wires that go to the speedo and tach, but it's in a different "branch.")

Could some kind soul peer under their '70-'72 TR6 dash and find the group of
bundled wires leading to the ignition switch and please tell me where the black
ground wire goes?

Thanks again,

Tom CC55483L

http://www.triumphowners.com/735