Re: Window Track Problems

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Window Track Problems
From: "Jeff Fetner" <fetnerj001@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 22:43:27 -1000
Cary,
  I had a similar problem and finally had to take the door panel off to fix.
The glass had somehow shifted in the horizontal metal channel it sits in
(DPO repair attempt).  This allowed the channel (and glass) to slip out of
the "X" arms that raise it up and down.
   I was able to lift it up and it seemed to work for a while.  Actually the
glass was riding (precariously) on top of the arms instead of being attached
to them.  With proper guiding I could get the window up & down on the few
times I needed to (hey, it's Hawaii).  Finally one of the kids rolled it
down while the door was closed, and the glass remained up, held against the
side of the softtop.  When the door was opened, the glass dropped and jammed
in the bottom of the door.
   The fix was to center and glue the glass in the horizontal metal channel
and reattach its guides to the cross arms.  I also replaced the totally
worn-out raising mechanism.  This will make a lot more sense when you get
the door panel off.  I'm sure there are other ways that problem can arise,
but you'll probably have to pull the door panel to fix them too.

Jeff
74 & 74.5 TR6